This just in from the Livedrive reseller blog so we’re just getting the deets, but here’s a quick list of the new and improved features in the Livedrive desktop software for both Windows and Mac users.
- Backup of in-use files: the new software will back up files even when they’re in use, and won’t ever lock files while they’re being backed up.
- Partial upload support for Outlook files and more: the new software will only upload changed portions of Outlook PST files and selected other file types, making it easier to keep large, frequently changing files safely backed up.
- Flexible scheduling: Your customers can choose times when they don’t want Livedrive to be backing up their files, so that users with slower or older computers can disable backup when their PC is busy.
- Scan-based backup: Rather than watching files all of the time, the new system uses an hourly scan to find out what’s changed and backup the changes. This reduces load on your customer’s computer.
- NAS backup for Macs: We introduced NAS backup to Windows machines last month, and now the same feature is available for Mac users too.
- Improved startup time and performance: both the Windows and Mac software now start even faster, and create less load on your customer’s PC when they’re running.
If you are already a Livedrive user, your software will alert you to the new release soon. It’s being rolled out over the next 14 days, but if you want to jump in and get it now, just go to your Livedrive portal, to download the new software. I am doing this as we speak, will let you know how it goes!